Ofsted Big Conversation
The Ofsted Big Conversation brought together representatives of Early Years Education & Care Providers and Ofsted across the UK. It is a voluntary organisation run by sector representatives and the purpose within the Terms of Reference are:
- To provide a communication forum where providers*, who deliver Early Years care and education, can collectively bring shared areas of concern or common themes they seek further clarification on, to a representative from Ofsted, and receive a timely response
- To provide Ofsted an opportunity to give updates on changes and direction of travel and to help dispel Ofsted ‘myths’.
- To provide information and discussions on sustainability in Early Years Education & Care settings, sharing good practice with other providers. South West OBC has a regular slot for sharing sustainability in practice
- To receive updates from Local Authority representatives (listed below)
Founder and Managing Director of Tops Day Nurseries Cheryl Hadland is also Chair of OBC South West.
What is the Ofsted Big Conversation?
We welcome you to attend the very first South West OBC Open Regional, held via Zoom, on Thursday 10th June from 15:30-17:30
During the meeting:
- Cheryl Hadland, SouthWest OBC Chair, will be screen-sharing a presentation throughout the meeting, covering updates from the APPG for Early Years and Childcare and sharing the latest in on-going sustainability projects.
- Jane Burchall, Senior Ofsted Inspector, will be attending as a guest speaker on behalf of Ofsted.
- We will be using break off rooms for individual Local Authorities to share updates and answer location-specific questions.
- There will be a messaging forum running throughout for questions, as well as an opportunity for discussion during the open Q&A session.
To join the #SWOBC on Thursday 10th June 2021, please register via Eventbrite.
The meeting agenda and joining instructions will be sent closer to the time of the event.
If you wish to discuss something specific at this event, please email your questions to email@example.com and we will ensure this is added to the agenda.
We hope to see you there!
Find us online!
Keep up to date with meeting dates, minutes and news from the OBC South West group and website as well as sharing good practice from other Early Years educators in the region.
Click here to join the OBC South West Facebook group.
Click here to join the national OBC Facebook group.
Click here to follow the OBC Twitter account.
Click here to view the official OBC website.