Winning a Queens Award
We have been recognised for our excellence in Sustainable Development, and because we have provided inspiration and are genuinely driving change to our sector, including;
- We banned the use of glitter throughout our nurseries to reduce the amount of microplastics that end up in the environment.
- We avoid buying any one use plastics including; cling film, carrier bags, food bags, aprons, and wet-wipes.
- We were the first nursery group in the UK to achieve Green Flag certifications at all settings!
- We were the first day nursery group in the UK to achieve B Corp certification.
- We speak at national events to champion change to others in our sectors
- We are the founding sponsors of the APPG for Early Years Education.
- We use reusable nappies throughout Tops to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill.
The UK’s Most Prestigious Business Award!
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious awards for UK businesses and is a globally recognised royal seal of approval for UK companies.
The Queen’s Award to Industry, the scheme’s original title, was instituted by Royal Warrant in 1965, with the first Awards announced in 1966. It later became known as the Queen’s Awards for Export and Technology in 1975, before becoming the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in 1999.
Sustainable Development winners like us, demonstrate sustainable products, services or interventions for more than two years and can provide evidence of the benefits or positive outcomes of their actions and practices.
In 2021, only 17 businesses won the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development, and this year we take pride that we are one of those enterprises who achieved a Queen’s Award.
To find out more about how we achieved a Queens Award watch the video below...
Our Sustainability Journey so Far…