Suggested portion sizes for recipe
1-4 years – 150g
1-2 years- 130g
Ingredients – Serves 5
- 1 small onion, peeled – 60g
- Garlic, peeled – 1 clove
- Beef, lean, minced – 210g
- Oregano – ½ teaspoon
- Canned tomatoes, chopped – 100g (1/2 x 200g can)
- Water- 200ml
- Soft margarine – 20g
- Plain flour – 20g
- Whole milk 200ml
- Lasagne sheets – 90g (5-6 sheets)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Chop the onion and garlic
- Put a large pan on a medium heat, add the mince and cook until brown. Add the onions, garlic, oregano and tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the canned tomatoes and water and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a roux white sauce: in a separate pan melt the margarine on a low heat. Once it has melted, stir in the flour cook on a low heat for 1-2minutes. Gradually add the milk a little at a time stirring continuously, bringing the sauce to boil until thickened.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the mince and lasagne sheets and top with a layer of white sauce.
Make sure all the pasta is covered so that it cooks properly