Chickpea curry has been of the children’s favourite meals at Tops Day Nurseries, and it is so easy to make! Find out how you can cook it at home with our recipe below…
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes
Ingredients – Serves 5
1 small onion, peeled – 75g
1 small carrot, peeled – 30g
Fresh tomatoes – 40g
Vegetable oil – ½ tablespoon
Tomato puree –1 tablespoon
Ground turmeric – 1 teaspoon
Curry powder – ½ heaped teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Canned chickpeas, no added salt or sugar, drained – 1 x 400g can (drained weight, 240g)
- Chop the onion, carrot and tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a pan add the onion, carrots and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the tomato puree, turmeric, curry powder, chilli powder, water and chickpeas.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve with brown rice and enjoy!