Red onion 300g
10g Garlic Bulb
20ml CRG Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3g CRG Cumin Ground
3g CRG Coriander Ground
3g CRG Cinnamon Ground
350g Capsicum Traffic Light Peppers
400g CRG Tomatoes Chopped
1kg CRG Chick Peas Tinned
5g Stock Base Vegetable
100g CRG Lentils Red Split Dried
150g CRG Apricots Dried
50g Parsley Flat Leaf
- Gently fry the red onions, garlic, courgettes, red peppers and aubergines until very lightly golden.
- Next add the spices and the harissa (optional) and gently cook out, releasing the spices natural aromats and flavours so that it coats the vegetables.
- Add the chickpeas and lentils, again ensuring that they are all coated by the spiced oil in the pan.
- Finally, add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock along with the chopped dried apricots and allow to simmer lightly until the vegetable are tender and the lentils are cooked. As the lentils begin to cook do be afraid to add more vegetable stock if required as the lentils soak up the liquid during cooking.
Whilst your tagine is cooking, start on the cauliflower cous cous.
- Start my blitzing the cauliflower in a food processor. DO NOT OVER BLITZ THIS. If the cauliflower is too fine you will end up with a puree. The idea is to light pulse the machine so the cauliflower resembles large crumbs. Gently squeeze the cauliflower to remove any excess water.
- Then in a large pan with a dash of olive oil, toast the cauliflower so it takes on a nut brown colour and smell. you can a little cumin to this and it will enhance the flavour of the cauliflower.
- Once toasted, add the chopped parsley and mix in. Place in a tray and reserve before serving.
- The tagine should now be ready with the lentils cooked, the vegetables tender and the sauce coating all of the ingredients.
- To serve place a small spoon of the cauliflower cous cous to one side accompanied by the tagine. Please note the protein and starch in this dish comes from the lentils, with the cauliflower cous cous adding a nutty flavour along with texture and not to be served as a traditional cous cous.
Optional – serve with minted cucumber yoghurt
beige 90g spoodle of tagine 90g spoodle cauliflower cous cous