Are you looking to expand your skillset? Perhaps you would like to better understand your children around things like Mental Health, Dyslexia, Challenging Behaviour or ADHD? Tops Day Nurseries have recently secured funding to offer FREE training to our parents, carers and families.
We are delighted to inform you that we have managed to secure some funding for our Tops parents, carers and families to access some fully funded training. (See requirements/Criteria below)
The Aim Group are supporting families and carers to better understand their children around things like Mental Health, Dyslexia, Challenging Behaviour, and ADHD, plus many more – without cost!!
They are a national company that works alongside the GOV-UK’s Adult Education Budget and ESFA (Education & Skills Funding Agency)
So what is the catch (I hear you ask)? There isn’t one – Courses last six weeks, usually taking somewhere between 25-30 hours (subject to your learning speed) overall to do so. There’s no final exam or extended research required as it is all included. Upon completion you are awarded an “Official Level 2 Vocational Recognised Qualification” with certification (this is the equivalent of smaller version NVQ or a high-level GCSE) Our only condition of them being free to you is, you cannot withdraw once enrolled without a valid reason (this would cost the college money) and could mean a fine of £150 could be liable to you (But we rarely have anyone go forward without knowing they will complete)
- Holder of a Valid Photo ID (Passport or Driving Licence) need a photo uploaded on our secure portal
- Are aged 19 years or over as at August 2020
- Reside in England with a UK postcode (lived there for the last three years) Wales – does not have funding unfortunately
- Not currently doing any other funded qualifications (apprenticeships) self-financed courses are fine
- Access to a computer or laptop (unable to access on a smartphone)
- If the individual earns below £17,004 per Annum Evidence of a wage slip may be required (this is just to draw down the correct funding tax group)
- All online, questions and answers.. no tests, end point assessments or multiple choice
- Complete one course at a time – but can access as many qualifications as wanted – all fully funded
- Each course has 6 weeks to complete (from logins sent) but sooner if a few hours per week are spent on the course
- Learners report most courses taking an average of around 25-30 hours (depending on their level of experience of the subject area, and working speed) subjective to individual
- An individual administration fee of (£150) will be incurred if the learner withdraws from the course (without a valid reason)
- Marked and assessed by a college tutor (three weeks after completing) to ensure everyone passes the qualification. You cannot fail!
Gaining Access to the courses:
- Click here to access the link to apply
- Simply fill in the quick booking form with your – name, email, phone number, (first half) postcode, and course you wish to access.
- I will then call you individually to welcome you, and book in a zoom meeting induction (lasting 30 minutes) available through the week – Mon, Wed, Fri at 3:30 or 6:30
- Course logins are then provided around two weeks after completing the induction and enrolment form.
If anyone has any issues signing up, please just call Chris Greenfield on 0203 900 3091 ext 213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses available – (everyone is welcome to do more than one course, just one course per person at a time)
CERTIFICATE | CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLES MENTAL HEALTH
Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
Factors which may Affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
How to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE | MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS (adult mental health)
Develop understanding and appreciation of mental health conditions
Learn about signs, triggers and symptoms of mental health
Understand how mental health affects an individual’s ability to cope and function
Examine guidance to potentially manage and support them with their illness
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE | UNDERSTANDING AUTISM
Learn how individuals with autism process sensory information
Understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with autism
Understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism
Learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism
Learn how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism
Recognise how legislation and guidance underpins support
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE | BEHAVIOUR THAT CHALLENGES
Understand Behaviour That Challenges.
Understand How to Support Positive Behaviour.
Understand the Importance of Effective Communication and the Management of Behaviour That Challenges.
Understand the Role of Reflection and Support for Those Involved in Incidents of Behaviour that Challenges.
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE | SPECIFIC LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
Characteristics of ADHD, ADD, dyslexia and dyscalculia
How specific learning difficulties can affect children and adults in different ways
The importance of early diagnosis
Various assessment methods available to diagnose specific learning difficulties
How individuals can be supported to gain, start and continue with study and employment
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE | COMMON CHILDHOOD ILLNESSES
Understand how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
Understand common childhood illnesses
Understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting
Providing happy, nurturing childcare for the hours you need, across over 30 nursery settings in: Babbacombe, Plymouth, Bournemouth, Charminster, Copnor, Fawley, Gillingham, Corfe Mullen, Havant, Lakeside, Lymington, Taunton, Newport, Poole, Portsmouth, Salisbury, Southsea, Wareham, Wimborne, Winchester and Yeovil.