|Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Bournemouth, Dorset BH7 7DW||01202 300688|
6am - 8pm
Monday - Friday, 52 weeks a year including bank holidays. Only closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
Welcome to Tops Bournemouth
We are a very active day nursery, based at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital and we care for children from 3 months until they are ready to start school.
Every 15 minutes is important and your time is valuable. That’s why we offer flexible childcare – so you only pay for time you need.
We love spending time outdoors and we organise plenty of trips for the children and we take advantage of the large garden and surrounding lake. We involve our children in gardening and planting vegetables, so they can taste them for their snack!
We have recently introduced a number of extracurricular activities in the Tops Day Nursery curriculum, please click here to find out more additional activities and services provided by Tops Day Nurseries.
We can offer 15 hours funding which is available for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds! To find out more about 2-year-old funding, please click here. To find out more about 3 & 4-year-old funding, please click here. Come in and see us for more details, conditions apply.Do you work for the NHS at Royal Bournemouth Hospital? Tops Day Nurseries works in partnership with Royal Bournemouth Hospital and offers a staff discount. Please feel free to pop in and visit us, as we would love to show you around.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
Tops Bournemouth activities:
At Tops Bournemouth we run a range of nursery activities to help develop young minds which support the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Feeder Schools – your child’s next step
We are often asked where we ‘sit’ in the pyramid of schools in Bournemouth and the surrounding areas. Most of our children go on to attend the following local schools:
- Stourfield Infant school
- Pokesdown Primary School
- Christchurch Infant School
- St James Primary School
- Kings Park Primary School
- Christ the King Primary School
- St Clements Primary School
- Queens Park Infant School
- Muscliff Primary School
- The Epiphany Primary School
- St Michael’s Primary School
- Talbot Heath Girls (Private School)
- The Park (Private School)
Tops Bournemouth – Parents & Carers
Parents and carers at Tops Bournemouth are always very welcome. We encourage you to get involved in your child’s life at nursery in lots of ways, such a free settling in sessions for the children with their parents, lots of informal daily communication, parent evenings, termly magazines, parent noticeboards and our active Facebook page. We feel it is important for parents to have a say in the nursery activities we provide, so we offer parent drop in sessions – where parents can drop in throughout the day at a time convenient to you to discuss any feedback you may have.
What our parents say:
- “I am safe in the knowledge that I can go to work and he’s well looked after!! Thanks Tops!” Laura
- “Brilliant nursery with helpful, understanding and friendly staff” Sami R
- “I’ve never seen him so happy and loves telling me about his day!” Kelly D
- “It’s the flexibility they provide for shift workers. Second to none, literally!” Chris
- “Lovely environment for children to learn through play.” Jim
Tops Bournemouth – Ofsted
We were rated ‘Outstanding’ in our latest Ofsted inspection, which you can read in full here.
Comments we are particularly proud of include:
- Staff provide a vibrant learning environment and organise stimulating challenging Staff provide a vibrant learning environment and organise stimulating challenging experiences for children.
- Staff are highly skilled teachers. They track children’s progress precisely and have an in-depth knowledge of their abilities.
- All children make excellent progress in their learning, including those whose needs require specific intervention and support.
- Staff use their superb knowledge of the children to ensure their needs are incorporated into the day and continually met. They value and respect the uniqueness of all children.