We were rated ‘Good’ in our latest Ofsted inspection.
Some of the comments made about our nursery and the childcare we provide that we are particularly proud of include:
- Children arrive happily to the nursery. They are greeted by friendly, welcoming staff who help them to settle in to play. Children form close relationships with key staff, which helps them to feel safe and secure. Children freely explore the inviting play environment and access from a range of unique and stimulating resources that are set out.
- Baby-room staff provide plenty of activities. Staff know what children need to learn next. They use information from parents and what they see children do at the setting to provide well-thought-out experiences.
- Children follow and understand the setting’s rules, with some gentle reminders from staff. They behave well and are incredibly polite. Children are making good progress in their learning. This is due to leaders and staff having high expectations for children’s development. Children have great fun learning in the outdoor environment. They splash in puddles, make a dinosaur swamp with sand and rainwater and stamp in the wet sand in the sand pit.
- Staff provide a warm welcome and thorough handover to ensure parents and children feel safe and secure at the setting. Staff communicate in a variety of ways to ensure parents are kept up to date with children’s learning and development. Parents speak highly of the setting and the care and education it provides.
- All children, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities and the most vulnerable children, make good progress. The manager and the special educational needs coordinator work well with external agencies and responds to advice quickly.
To read the full Ofsted inspection for our Tops Copnor nursery, please click here.
Some of our friendly Copnor Nursery team: