Hi5’s Forest School in Corfe MullenEnquire now
Welcome to Hi5's Forest School in Corfe Mullen!
Is your child adventurous? Do they enjoy being outside?
Hi5’s Forest School is a way for your child to have fun and learn whilst being outside. They will receive a free backpack upon enrollment and can earn a variety of badges for completing activities! So, if your child is adventurous, likes being outdoors and loves to have fun then Hi5’s Forest School is perfect for them.
What is Hi5’s Forest School?
Hi5’s Forest School is holistic learning through play and exploration; children learn about the natural environment, how to handle risks and to use their own initiative to solve problems and cooperate with others. During Hi5’s Forest School children may build a shelter, light a fire, and use green woodworking skills to create and build objects from the woodland around them.
Children will use full size tools; learn the boundaries of behaviour, both physical and social, establish and grow in confidence, self-esteem, and motivation.
Our Hi5 Forest School will be based at 49 Blandford Road, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 3HD. Most sessions will be in the same location but in occasion the children may visit the beach, nature reserves, parks or other woodland areas to support their learning. The sessions will run from 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
£38.50 per day or £35.31 per day for full week inc meal and transport – extra hours can be booked at the hourly rate, £6.11 per hour
Our Hi5 Forest School Mission:
Hi5 Forest School will install a love of the great outdoors by:
- Inspirational, stimulating, hands on experiences that will develop self‐esteem, confidence, and responsibility
- The use of the woodland setting, the various real tools and the natural resources will bring learning to life, creating an understanding of the balance of nature and the finite resources around us
- Identifying individual learning schemes to enable the children to learn most effectively and promote success
- Planning for every child in the early session stages, then letting the children lead the sessions through their own interests
- Taking informed, self‐calculated risks and choices to ensure their groups safety, developing sympathy and empathy to the group around them
- Working as a team to solve problems, fostering communication and negotiation skills
Free Backpack Upon Enrolment and Earn Badges Along the Way
Upon enrolment of Hi5’s Forest School your child will be gifted a backpack! This backpack can be used to sew badges onto that they’ll be able to earn through different activities. The badges demonstrate the skills and knowledge they have gained whilst on Hi 5 forest school. We are starting with 3 badges and we will introduce more to the collection as the sessions progress and grow. Please see below the first 3 badges, they include, ‘I can use tools safely’ badge, ‘I can identify habitats’ badge, and ‘I can build a den’ badge.
Take a look at our plans for our October half term Hi5 Forest School: