Our Ofsted rating:
Where to find us:
Lakeside North Harbour
- Monday - Friday: 6am-8pm*
- 52 weeks a year including bank holidays*. Only closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- *subject to local demand
- Try our FAQs
- Ask online
- Lakeside Nurseryon Facebook
- Call your nursery: 02392 324091
- Make an enquiry: 01202 879395
Welcome to Tops Day Nurseries: Lakeside Nursery, Portsmouth
Subsidised rates for Lakeside Business Park occupiers, get in touch to find out more.
Our Lakeside day nursery & preschool is based opposite the business park at 1000 Lakeside North Harbour. We provide Early Education and Care for children from 3 months old until preschool age, and our newly built, eco-friendly nursery is open-planned with a fresh, natural focus.
Tops Lakeside are now using real nappies as opposed to ‘disposable’ nappies. Each child at nursery uses around 1000 nappies per year (full-time equivalent) which is costly for parents, and very costly in terms of waste – it actually costs three times as much to dispose of a “disposable” nappy as it costs to buy! Click here to find out more about the real nappy pilot.
At our Lakeside nursery, we have an extended cabin classroom which has allowed us to extend our preschool, which has been designed with a familiar open plan, bright rooms similar to the nursery.
Our aim at Tops is for all children to meet or exceed expected development for their age. We are implementing ‘SchemaPlay’ across all of our settings to help narrow the gap for any children showing signs of delay and to also enhance the learning experiences for all children that attend our settings. ‘SchemaPlay have recently created a video to help parents understand what schemes are, and how these can be identified and promoted at home. Watch the full video here’.
The children at Tops benefit from our balanced no-added sugar menus that we have designed to support growth and development using the Children’s Food Trust Recommendations. To view our healthy, nutritious recipes click here.
Please feel free to pop in and visit us, as we would love to show you around. We are a friendly and active nursery and we love exploring the nature around us, as well as exploring natural resources indoors. Outdoors in our garden, we enjoy creating different recipes in our mud kitchens. Indoors we enjoy messy play activities, stories singing and small world play.
Our Lakeside day nursery in Portsmouth is part of a group that provides the most eco-sustainable Early Education and Care in the UK, being respectful of the environment and acting to reduce, re-use and recycle resources is an important part of the culture and routine for the children and staff.
Tops Lakeside also implements extra-curricular activities in line with the rest of the Tops Day Nurseries family. For example, Tops Cooking School, Boogie Mites, yoga, tooth brushing, Football Fun and much more!
Our Lakeside day nursery is one of the five Early Education and Care settings within the Tops Day Nurseries family based in the Portsmouth area, including Tops Copnor at the Roko Health Club, Tops Havant based in Trosnant Primary School, Tops Portsmouth at Queen Alexandra Hospital and Tops Southsea on Bruce Road.
Our Nursery’s Unique Features
- Strong partnership with parents: The nursery values its partnership with parents and provides prompt support when necessary. Regular communication is maintained to keep parents informed about their child’s progress and next stages of learning.
- Support for learning at home: The nursery provides parents with ideas to support their child’s learning at home, ensuring that the learning experience is holistic and continuous.
- Quick communication and progress updates: Parents praise the nursery for its quick communication and sharing of information about their child’s progress, demonstrating a commitment to transparency and parental involvement.
- Respectful and caring environment: The nursery provides a respectful and caring environment for children, where they feel safe and supported to learn and grow.
- Close bonds with staff: Children have close bonds with staff who understand and respond quickly to their needs, fostering a sense of security and trust.
- High respect for children: Children are treated with high respect and are encouraged to complete self-care tasks independently, developing their sense of autonomy and independence.
- Engaging learning experiences: Children enjoy joining in with familiar songs and rhymes, as well as sitting together to enjoy healthy snacks and lunch, providing a fun and engaging learning experience.
Tops Lakeside 3D Video TourArrange a visit
See what we've been up to...
WhatLakeside Nurseryparents & carers say
“She has made great relationships with the staff and I trust them to care for her as I would.”
“Excellent purpose built building with open plan lay out. Staff are friendly and really engage with the children.”
“Excellent set up and very friendly staff.”
“She absolutely loves coming and has made lots of friends and built good bonds with the staff.”
“The flexible shifts allows for my husband’s shift pattern and works really well for our family. We highly recommend Tops at Lakeside!”
What makes Tops different?
With opening hours, from 6am-8pm including bank holidays, it means we are here when you need us. Offering Education & Care with 15-minute intervals, so you only pay for the childcare you need. (Available at the majority of our nurseries but not all.)
Particular pride is provided for our sustainable outdoor and indoor environments. Each Tops Day Nursery has natural, sustainable, rich and vibrant environments, custom-built to encourage your children's safe exploration, learning and discovery.
At Tops, all children have a key person responsible for every aspect of their ongoing development. Follow and contribute to your child’s learning journey with the eyLog app for web and mobile.
Some of our friendlyLakeside Nurseryteam: