Our Ofsted rating:
Where to find us:
104 - 106 Herbert Avenue
- Monday - Friday: 6am-8pm*
- 52 weeks a year including bank holidays*. Only closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- *subject to local demand
- Try our FAQs
- Ask online
- Parkstone Nurseryon Facebook
- Call your nursery: 01202 716130
- Make an enquiry: 01202 879431
Welcome to Tops Day Nurseries: Parkstone Nursery, Poole
We are an Ofsted Outstanding friendly and active nursery & preschool in Parkstone, based on Herbert Avenue, Poole. We provide Early Education and Care for children from 3 months until they are ready to start school.
At Tops Parkstone we pride ourselves on having a personal, friendly approach towards all our children and parents who come to our nursery. Through working in partnership with parents and carers we can work together to enable children to reach their potential in their learning and development.
Tops Parkstone no longer offers a Hi5’s Holiday Club but instead will be offering additional care outside the scheduled hours at the nursery’s standard hourly rate.
We are very lucky to be situated near Bourne Valley Nature Reserve which allows our children to experience the outdoors as much as possible by taking part in regular trips and Tops Forest School sessions.
We are very lucky to have a large garden which is split into two, one for preschool and one for the under three’s, we have a wide range of different areas in the garden including a large mud kitchen, construction area.
This nursery is part of a group that provides the most eco-sustainable Early Education and Care in the UK, being respectful of the environment and acting to reduce, reuse and recycle resources is an important part of the culture and routine for the children and staff.
At Tops Day Nurseries our aim is for all children to meet or exceed expected development for their age. We are implementing ‘SchemaPlay’ across all of our settings to help narrow the gap for any children showing signs of delay and to also enhance the learning experiences for all children that attend our settings. SchemaPlay have recently created a video to help parents understand what schemes are, and how these can be identified and promoted at home. Watch the full video here.
The children at Tops benefit from our balanced no-added sugar menus that we have designed to support growth and development using the Children’s Food Trust Recommendations. To view our healthy, nutritious recipes click here.
Tops Parkstone also implements extra-curricular activities in line with the rest of the Tops Day Nurseries family. For example, Tops Cooking School, Boogie Mites, yoga, tooth brushing, Football Fun and much more!
Our Parkstone day nursery is one of the five Early Education and Care settings within the Tops Day Nurseries family to be based in the Poole area, including Tops Corfe Mullen on Blandford Road, Tops Poole next to Barclays House, Tops Wareham next to the Train Station and Tops Wimborne on Leigh Road.
We are delighted to announced the exchange of a property in Bearwood, Bournemouth that we hope to convert into a new day nursery for children between 3 months – 4, as well as an afterschool and holiday club for primary school aged children. Click here to find out more.
Our Nursery’s Unique Features
- Cooking school: The nursery offers a cooking school program with one block session every term, providing children with the opportunity to develop culinary skills and promote healthy eating habits.
- Open bank holidays: The nursery is open on bank holidays, providing flexibility for working parents who require childcare during these times.
- Stretched funding 51 weeks of the year: The nursery offers stretched funding, allowing children to attend for 51 weeks of the year, providing continuity of care and support for families.
- Open days: The nursery hosts open days, providing opportunities for families to tour the facility, meet the staff, and learn more about the nursery’s programs and services.
- Onsite parking for pick up / drop off: The nursery provides onsite parking for pick up and drop off, making it convenient and safe for parents to transport their children to and from the nursery.
- Three Parent / Carer evenings a year: The nursery hosts three parent/carer evenings a year, providing opportunities for parents to meet with staff, discuss their child’s progress and development, and gain insight into their child’s learning experiences.
Tops Parkstone 3D Video Tour
*Offer only available for children aged 2-5 years old. Your child’s start date at nursery must be between 01/09/2023-30/09/2023 and they must attend the Tops Parkstone setting.Arrange a visit
See what we've been up to...
WhatParkstone Nurseryparents & carers say
“I highly recommend Tops at Parkstone, all the staff are really friendly and brilliant with my little boy.”
“My son is always very happy to attend Tops, he is always made to feel very welcome and chats about his day happily on the way home.”
“When your child tells you that he loves nursery then you know you picked a good one!”
What makes Tops different?
With opening hours, from 6am-8pm including bank holidays, it means we are here when you need us. Offering Education & Care with 15-minute intervals, so you only pay for the childcare you need. (Available at the majority of our nurseries but not all.)
Particular pride is provided for our sustainable outdoor and indoor environments. Each Tops Day Nursery has natural, sustainable, rich and vibrant environments, custom-built to encourage your children's safe exploration, learning and discovery.
At Tops, all children have a key person responsible for every aspect of their ongoing development. Follow and contribute to your child’s learning journey with the eyLog app for web and mobile.
Some of our friendlyParkstone Nurseryteam: