We were rated ‘Good’ in our latest Ofsted inspection.
Some of the comments made about our nursery and the childcare we provide that we are particularly proud of are:
- The management team follows rigorous procedures to ensure staff are suitable to work with children.
- The manager and staff monitor children’s learning accurately, and in partnership with
parents, from the start.
- Communication and literacy provision is strong throughout the nursery.
- Staff create a stimulating, homely environment that nurtures a positive attitude to children’s learning.
- Staff works efficiently as a team to maintain high standards of safety and supervision to keep children secure.
- Staff are excellent role models for the children. They support children’s emotional well-being and help them to settle quickly.
- Children make good progress and gain the skills they need for their future learning. They develop very good independence and learn to manage tasks confidently from a young age.
- Children of all ages learn about keeping safe effectively, such as helping to identify risks in the garden.
- Staff promote eco-sustainability within the setting. They share their vision with parents, promoting the use of reusable nappies and home-made wet wipes.
To read our Ofsted inspection for our Tops Southsea nursery please click here.
Some of our friendly Southsea Nursery team: