|1 Carey Road, Wareham, Dorset BH20 4AX||01929 555051|
6am - 8pm
Monday - Friday, 52 weeks a year including bank holidays. Only closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
Welcome to Tops Wareham!
We are a friendly and active nursery, based in Wareham near the train station, and we care for children from 3 months until they are ready to start school.
We love playing outdoors, playing with our mud kitchen and visiting the forest. We also love learning through sensory experiences and have fun with superhero play and cooking!
We pride ourselves on being an outstanding nursery in all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and one of our key achievements is our strong relationship with parents and carers.
We have recently introduced a number of extra curricular activities in the Tops Day Nursery curriculum, please click here to find out more additional activities and services provided by Tops Day Nurseries.
We can offer 15 hours FREE funding which is available for 2, 3 and 4 year olds! To find out more about 2 year old funding, please click here. To find out more about 3 & 4 year old funding, please click here. Come in and see us for more details, conditions apply.
Please note: We also offer emergency childcare at short notice, as well as cover for teacher training days and school closures. Just give us a call and we will try to accommodate you.
Please click here to see our SEN and Disabilities local offer.
Please feel free to pop in and visit us, as we would love to show you around the nursery.Nicky Willets
Tops Wareham activities:
At Tops Wareham we run a range of activities to help develop young minds which support the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Feeder Schools – your child’s next step
We are often asked where we ‘sit’ in the pyramid of schools in Wareham and the surrounding areas. Most of our children go on to attend the following local schools:
Tops Wareham – Parents & Carers
Parents and carers at Tops Wareham are always very welcome. We encourage you to get involved in their child’s life at nursery in lots of ways, such a free settling in sessions for the children with their parents, lots of informal daily communication, parent evenings, termly magazines, parent noticeboards and our active Facebook page.
What our parents say:
- “All the staff go above and beyond” Jo, parent at Tops Wareham
- “I am over the moon with the care my daughter has received. All members of staff are very friendly and helpful.” Lorna, parent at Tops Wareham
- “Our daughter loves nursery having enjoyed many happy days with her new found friends. Keep up the good work!” Brett S, parent at Tops Wareham
- “Warm, approachable and professional staff. Absolutely superb.” Francesca T, parent at Tops Wareham
- “Facilities are excellent, especially the garden. Interesting and fun activities provided daily for the children.” Julie, parent at Tops Wareham
Tops Wareham – Ofsted
We were rated ‘Outstanding’ in our latest Ofsted inspection.
Comments we are particularly proud of include:
- Staff plan and provide rich learning opportunities in the nursery and make excellent use of the local community to enhance children’s learning.
- The nursery provides children with a rich learning environment where they can make lots of choices in their play, which fully promotes their independence.
- Staff work very closely with parents to help them meet children’s care needs extremely well. As a result, children’s emotional development is particularly well supported.
To see our Ofsted inspection please click here.