|Leigh Road, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 2BX||01202 841691|
6am - 8pm
Monday - Friday, 52 weeks a year including bank holidays. Only closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
Welcome to Tops Wimborne!
We are a very active nursery, where the children love going in the extensive garden, cooking, having fun with water play and going on outings. We care for children from 3 months to school age, and we run a play club for 5 – 11 year olds.
The equipment in the nursery has been specially designed to encourage our children to become more confident physically and they love learning through play. We like to work closely with parents, listening to their individual requirements for flexible care, so that we can work in unison for their child’s development.In 2015, we introduced the Tops Cooking School. Getting children involved in the kitchen is a great way to encourage children to eat healthily and learn about food. The children follow new recipes each week and always get to take their creations home at the end of the day. For more information, please ask the office.
We have now running the popular Tops Forest School at our nursery. This is a unique experience for our Pre-school children by taking them once a week on outings, teaching them about nature through nature. For more details on the Tops Forest School, please ask at the nursery.
We can also offer 15 hours FREE funding which is available for 2, 3 and 4 year olds! Come in and see us for more details, conditions apply.Please click here to view the SEN and Disabilities local offer.
Please note: We also offer emergency childcare at short notice, as well as cover for teacher training days and school closures. Just give us a call and we will try to accommodate you.We look forward to meeting you soon.
Tops Wimborne activities:
At Tops Wimborne we run a range of activities to help develop young minds which support the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Feeder Schools – your child’s next step
We are often asked where we ‘sit’ in the pyramid of schools in the Wimborne area. Most of our children go on to attend the following local schools:
Tops Wimborne – Mini Beasts Holiday Club
Mini Beasts is a fun and friendly group for 5 – 11 year olds held at Tops Wimborne. We run action-packed holiday clubs across the Summer, Easter and Christmas holidays as well as at half terms breaks.
Mini Beasts also runs a breakfast and after-school club, and we currently drop-off and pick-up from St John CE First School, Colehill First, Hayeswood First, St Catherines Catholic School and St Michael’s Middle School.
Please see below the Easter Holiday plans for Tops Wimborne’s Mini Beasts Holiday club. We hope you can join us!
Tops Wimborne – Parents & Carers
Parents and carers at Tops Wimborne are always very welcome. We encourage you to get involved in their child’s life at nursery in lots of ways, such a free settling in sessions for the children with their parents, lots of informal daily communication, parent evenings, termly newsletters, parent noticeboards and our active Facebook page.
We also have a group of parent representatives who meet termly to discuss ideas for the nursery, fundraising and events. For more details on becoming one of our parent representatives, please ask the nursery.
What our parents say:
- “All the staff over the years have been lovely, caring and both girls have thrived here.” A. Stephens, parent at Tops Wimborne
- “There is a lovely ‘feel’ to the place and I have been very pleased with the experience here.” Hannah, parent at Tops Wimborne
- “A wonderful place, with wonderful people.” L.Trench, parent at Tops Wimborne
- “The variety of activities is brilliant as every time my son goes, there is always something different for the children to do” L.Rogers, parent at Tops Wimborne
- “The team are innovative in their play and interactions which has resulted in very chatty and happy child!” Sophie, parent at Tops Wimborne
Tops Wimborne – Ofsted
We were rated ‘Good’ in our latest Ofsted inspection, To view the Ofsted inspection report, please click here.
Comments we are particularly proud of include:
- Children are happy and motivated to learn. Staff have a good understanding of children’s specific needs following their routines so they feel comfortable and settled
- Partnership with parents is good. Parents receive detailed information about the nursery provision, and have regular updates of their children’s care and development.
- Effective systems are in place to observe, monitor and plan for children’s individual learning and development, which take account of their interests and preferences
- Children are provided with fun and enjoyable outdoor play and learning experiences, which successfully foster their physical development.