|Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester, Hampshire SO22 5DG||01962 860437|
6am - 8pm
Monday - Friday, 52 weeks a year including bank holidays. Only closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
Welcome to Tops Winchester!
We are a friendly and active day nursery, and we care for children from 3 months to preschool age. We love running a wide variety of activities for our children, especially messy play and playing outdoors.
We take pride in having friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable childcare practitioners who work in partnership with our parents to encourage their child’s development.
We offer term-time only hours for those who work in education, and we offer shift booking for those who work shift hours. Every 15 minutes is important and your time is valuable. That’s why we offer flexible childcare – only pay for the time you need.
We can also offer 15 hours FREE funding which is available for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds! Come in and see us for more details, conditions apply.
Please note: we offer emergency childcare at short notice, we well as cover for teacher training days and school closures. Just give us a call and we will try to accommodate you.
Do you work with for the NHS? Tops Day Nurseries works in partnership with the NHS and offers a staff discount.
We would love to show you around the nursery. Please pop in at a time convenient to you, or complete our ‘arrange a visit’ box to the right.
We look forward to meeting you.
Tops Winchester activities:
At Tops Winchester we run a range of activities to help develop young minds which support the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Feeder Schools – your child’s next step
We are often asked where we ‘sit’ in the pyramid of schools in the Winchester area. Most of our children go on to attend the following local schools:
Tops Winchester – Parents & Carers
Parents and carers at Tops Winchester are always very welcome. We encourage you to get involved in their child’s life at nursery in lots of ways, such a free settling in sessions for the children with their parents, lots of informal daily communication, parent evenings, termly magazines, parent noticeboards and our active Facebook page.
We also have a group of parent representatives who meet termly to discuss ideas for the nursery, fundraising and events. For more details on becoming one of our parent representatives, please ask us at the nursery.
What our parents say:
- “The staff are extremely friendly and caring.” Jo, parent at Tops Winchester
- “My children have so much fun at Tops Winchester!” Chrissy, parent at Tops Winchester
- “Parents come away with the feeling that the staff know the children very well indeed.” Chrissy, parent at Tops Winchester
- “Tops day nursery Winchester is a fantastic nursery – the staff are wonderful, helpful, enthusiastic, energetic.” Mrs Austin, parent at Tops Winchester
- “Brilliant nursery, my son has settled so quickly and he loves it.” Lindie, parent at Tops Winchester
Tops Winchester – Ofsted
You can view out latest Ofsted inspection report, online here.
Comments we are particularly proud of include:
- Babies enjoy good adult interaction and a bright child friendly environment for them to play and learn.
- Children arrive happily and settle into the daily routines well. They show curiosity and imagination in their play.
- Children’s safety is effectively promoted through the implementation of robust safeguarding procedures.