We were rated ‘Good’ in our latest Ofsted inspection.
You can view our latest Ofsted inspection report, online here.
Comments we are particularly proud of include:
- Children arrive happy and quickly settle, ready to explore the exciting environment. Staff plan a good curriculum, which has a positive impact on children’s development. They ensure they represent all family backgrounds of children attending. This promotes a positive sense of themselves and helps children to value other people’s differences.
- Staff provide good support for children’s language skills, including those who speak English as an additional language. For example, they narrate what children are doing and ask good, open-ended questions.
- Overall, staff prepare children well for school. They help them to build their confidence and independence. Children are willing to have a go at new tasks and take pride in their achievements. Staff effectively help children to manage their feelings, make choices, and suggest ideas.
- The manager and staff constantly evaluate their practice and continue to make improvements. They have been focusing on improving the environment and children now have greater access to resources on trollies, to make choices and extend their ideas.
- The manager seeks parents’ feedback and, as a result, take children out more into the community, such as using tools to pick up litter and visiting a care home. This helps them to understand about their own community.
Some of our friendly Topsie Yeovil Nursery team: