Understanding the cost of day care, and what type of funding you are eligible for shouldn’t be confusing. That’s why we’ve put together this page to help.
Below is some information on funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Our flexible booking and hourly rates that get cheaper the more hours you attend means that the price you pay is tailored completely to you. Please contact your nursery via their pages here for more information. Our nurseries have many outstanding and unique qualities that are best seen for yourself, we recommend booking a visit to come and have a look and we can discuss funding and pricing options in person.
Childcare funding for 2 year olds
If you have a 2 year old, there may be funding available to help with childcare costs; our Q&A below will provide you with details.
A parent or carer can apply if they receive at least one of the following:
- Income support;
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Child Tax Credits and and income of less than £16,190;
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of the State Pension Credit;
- Children looked after by the local authority may also be eligible.
For those who live in Bournemouth, the criteria is even broader. If you live in Bournemouth and are eligible for any of the following, you may be eligible for up to 15 hours of funding:
- Free school meals;
- Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year;
- Current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan;
- Disability Living Allowance;
- Looked after by the LA;
- Have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.
Childcare funding for 3 and 4 year olds
If you have a 3 or 4 year old, there is funding available to help with childcare costs; our Q&A below will provide you with details.
All 3 & 4 year olds are entitled to up to 15 funded hours per week, following the term after their third birthday.
Why choose Tops Day Nurseries?
Here are some interesting facts about Tops Day Nurseries. We are not just a day nursery, we strive to provide the best service possible for parents and children.
- All staff counted within ratio hold a paediatric first aid certificate
- All staff have an up to date CRB/DBS check
- Tops provide a tooth brushing service for children
- All staff will obtain a food hygiene certificate within the 1st three months of starting
- We are a green company.
- Extra-curricular activities including Rugby Rangers, Gardening Club, Football Fun, cooking school and Tops Forest School are available for a small charge
- We collect Sainsbury’s Fit Kid vouchers and Nestle Box Top for book tokens
- Our babysitting service provides qualified insured staff that hold, or are working towards, an NVQ level 2 or 3 in childcare. All babysitters are over the age of 18 years and 10 months, are first aid trained and will have completed a check with the ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ (DBS)
- We have neutral walls within all Tops Day Nursery settings to allow children to focus on tasks and become less distracted.
- Following our recent parent’s questionnaire in which there was a request for us to provide a hairdressing service for the children during the nursery day, we have decided to trial this service at Tops Wareham and Tops Musgrove. We have arranged for a qualified hairdresser to visit the nursery before introducing the service to all 17 settings.
- Tops Day Nurseries was established 1990
Additional extras included in our fees…