Childcare funding for 2 year olds

Childcare funding for 2 year olds

If you have a 2 year old, there may be funding available to help with childcare costs; our Q&A below will provide you with details.

For any further details, pop into your local Tops or find out more by reading our blog post.

A parent or carer can apply if they receive at least one of the following:

  • Income support;
  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance;
  • Child Tax Credits and and income of less than £16,190;
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
  • The guarantee element of the State Pension Credit;
  • Children looked after by the local authority may also be eligible.

For those who live in Bournemouth, the criteria is even broader. If you live in Bournemouth and are eligible for any of the following, you may be eligible for up to 15 hours of funding:

  • Free school meals;
  • Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year;
  • Current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan;
  • Disability Living Allowance;
  • Looked after by the LA;
  • Have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.