Understanding the cost of day care, and what type of funding you are eligible for shouldn’t be confusing. That’s why we’ve put together this page to help.
Why choose Tops Day Nurseries?
Here are some interesting facts about Tops Day Nurseries. We are not just a day nursery, we strive to provide the best service possible for parents and children.
- All staff counted within ratio hold a paediatric first aid certificate
- All staff have an up to date CRB/DBS check
- Tops provide a tooth brushing service for children
- All staff will obtain a food hygiene certificate within the 1st three months of starting
- We are a green company.
- Extra-curricular activities including Rugby Rangers, Gardening Club, Football Fun, cooking school and Tops Forest School are available for a small charge
- We collect Sainsbury’s Fit Kid vouchers and Nestle Box Top for book tokens
- Our babysitting service provides qualified insured staff that hold, or are working towards, an NVQ level 2 or 3 in childcare. All babysitters are over the age of 18 years and 10 months, are first aid trained and will have completed a check with the ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ (DBS)
- We have neutral walls within all Tops Day Nursery settings to allow children to focus on tasks and become less distracted.
- Following our recent parent’s questionnaire in which there was a request for us to provide a hairdressing service for the children during the nursery day, we have decided to trial this service at Tops Wareham and Tops Musgrove. We have arranged for a qualified hairdresser to visit the nursery before introducing the service to all 17 settings.
- We have recently worked with Jean Christophe-Novelli following the launch of our no-added sugar menus.
- Tops Day Nurseries was established 1990
Additional extras included in our fees…
- Digital learning through our smart board tables
- Book lending scheme for children aged 3 and over
- Stay and play sessions
- Meditation sessions
- Yoga sessions
- Boogie Mites – Music and movement sessions
- Home link activities
- Free formula milk for babies under 12 months
- Mid-morning and afternoon snack for all children
- Spontaneous trips
Childcare funding for 2 year olds
If you have a 2 year old, there may be funding available to help with childcare costs; our Q&A below will provide you with details.
Who can apply?
A parent or carer can apply if they receive at least one of the following:
- Income support;
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Child Tax Credits and and income of less than £16,190;
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of the State Pension Credit;
- Children looked after by the local authority may also be eligible.
For those who live in Bournemouth, the criteria is even broader. If you live in Bournemouth and are eligible for any of the following, you may be eligible for up to 15 hours of funding:
- Free school meals;
- Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year;
- Current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan;
- Disability Living Allowance;
- Looked after by the LA;
- Have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.
Childcare funding for 3 and 4 year olds
If you have a 3 or 4 year old, there is funding available to help with childcare costs; our Q&A below will provide you with details.
When can my child start claiming the 3 and 4 year funding?
All 3 & 4 year olds are entitled to up to 15 funded hours per week, following the term after their third birthday.