Tops Day Nurseries in Gillingham, Dorset has welcomed the Families and Babies breastfeeding group for Gillingham in to the nursery. FAB believe in the power of mums supporting other parents, which is the heart of their service. The Gillingham Breast Feeding Group runs every Thursday from 10am-11.30am and is run by FAB trained, DBS checked supporters who are there to offer support, information and guidance.
Back in 2004, Families and Babies primary purpose was to support and promote breastfeeding, both antenatal and postnatal, within the community of Blackburn and Darwen.
Since then, the volunteer and peer network has grown and FAB are now offering their services in Bolton, Wakefield, Lancashire and across Dorset.
All nurseries within the Tops Day Nurseries family are Breastfeeding friendly spaces, so we were more than happy to become the venue for the Gillingham Group.
So what do FAB offer?
- Antenatal Support providing information about breastfeeding
- 24 hour Helpline 01924 851 901 – The helpline is available for all mums and is manned on a voluntary basis by experienced peer supporters. The line is open 7 days a week 365 days a year.
- FAB Facebook Group – Search FAB breastfeeding support on Facebook
- Breastfeeding weekly support groups
- Volunteering opportunities are available in all capacities to support Families and Babies. If you would like to support others in your community with their breastfeeding experiences, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on our office number 01977 801359 (9-5pm). You will gain experience, knowledge and be offered accredited training, all of which which are stepping stones for when employment positions become available or when you choose to move on in life.