Tops Day Nurseries are excited to announce that we have partnered with Pop-Up Bookshop to introduce a new reading initiative specifically developed for schools and nurseries: Great Big Read. The aim of the Great Big Read to raise awareness for the importance of reading and raise money to support a free book library for parents.
There has been a whirlwind of excitement in the Usborne world recently with Peter Usborne personally launching a #TransformYourSchoolLibrary campaign with the aim to get 500,000 FREE books into schools this academic year.
Great Big Read aims to ensure a large chunk of these books will benefit Dorset schools and nurseries.
- Coming to every Tops Day Nursery on Monday 2nd March until Friday 6th
- There are 9 Dorset schools and 31 nurseries participating in Great Big Read 2020, totalling a maximum of 7,500 children!
- Up to £40,000 books to phenomenally boost our education system and help local literacy rates to skyrocket!
- By working directly with Pop-Up Bookshop we will benefit from 60% FREE Usborne books ON TOP of funds raised; every £1,000 = £1,600 Usborne books.
- The Great Big Read 2020 total fundraising target across all schools is £25,000 equating to anextra £15,000 FREE books donated by Usborne.
- Great Big Read fully engages pupils, teachers, and parents through utilising the well-established Usborne sponsored reading event ‘Ready Steady Read’(or Listen for younger children).
- Fully inclusive challenge – sponsorship is optional, Great Big Read is to excite children about reading and to challenge them to explore a wide variety of text forms.
- All Great Big Read participants will be recognised with a certificate to celebrate their efforts, plus entered into a free raffle prize draw to win £50 Usborne Books!
- Virtual Book Fair for pupils to buy Usborne Books for home and redeem World Book Day Vouchers!
- Supplementary Community Book Pledge donations from businesses we work with will be added to the total.
- All money raised is through children’s efforts and generous Community Book Pledge donations.