Tops Day Nurseries provide recognition that their settings and teams maintain and improve provision in order to offer the highest quality learning and development experiences for all children and their families. Children who experience high quality provision are well placed to achieve higher outcomes at school and develop better social, emotional and cognitive abilities necessary for life-long learning.
The Tops Day Nurseries Quality Assurance scheme was launched in January 2017 and provides a route for Leaders and Managers to raise standards through a process of self-evaluation and self-assessment. This involves practitioners in a cycle of continuous improvement in which the provision is audited against a set of standards.
Director of Early Years Audit and Training, Amy Alderson audits each of our settings on an annual basis to ensure that each setting is compliant with current legislation and best practice. Alongside these audits a Quality accreditation document is also completed for those settings achieving either a Good or Outstanding internal audit rating.
Tops Wareham’s report highlighted impressive key points, including:
- Children clearly thrive in the staff’s excellent care at Tops Wareham.
- The highly experienced manager is very clearly hands on and involved in all aspects of the children’s time at the nursery.
- From the earliest days at nursery, children’s emotional well-being is a high priority for staff.
- The manager continually challenges staff to design an ambitious programme of activities and experiences that captures children’s interests and motivates them to the highest levels in their learning.
- Staff work very effectively with parents to gain as much information as possible to help children transition smoothly into nursery.
- Their practice is continually developing and the quality of teaching is constantly improving to give children the very best possible chances and outcomes. Staff are highly reflective of their practice.
- The impact staff across the nursery have on children’s lives is profound.
Quality improvement is a continuous cycle based on planning; implementing; reviewing and analysing. It is a never ending journey involving children, parents and professionals.